- 8.2m homes passed (o/w 99% in US for a 16% percent penetration).
- 17.0m homes marketed.
- 5.8m homes connected (o/w RBOCS 4.3m, o/w Verizon majority, >750 providers rest; penetration 5% in US).
- Take rate 34.1% (Verizon 29.5%, non-Verizon 52%).
- Adoption faster (at peak 250%) than copper (peak 76%) or coaxial (peak 125%).
- 65.7% of ILECs not involved in FTTH yet are 'very likely' to do so in future.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Highlights from RVA's report for the FTTH Council North America on the state of FTTH (not including FTTC, FTTN, FTTB) as of March 31, 2010: