- The technology is far from decided: HSDPA, MobileFi (802.20), Flash-OFDM (Qualcomm/Flarion), Mobile WiMAX (802.16e), UMTS TDD or TD-CDMA (IPWireless), xMax (rather quiet recently), AIDAAS (little covered), iBurst (ArrayComm), WiFi (the 802.11r standard, which must still be way-off). What time frame are we looking at?
- What will Sprint Nextel decide to do with its spectrum? How about DirecTV/EchoStar? And NextWave, Clearwire? Where is DoCoMo with its 4G experimenting?
- Will there be an ITU ruling over which spectrum bands should be used? How about analog TV spectrum?
- Where is the market (ie demand) going? Will their be true convergence? Do we need IMS before we can move to 4G?
- Why are some big guys missing from this Forum? (Telefonica, Telecom Italia, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint)