- Google and Dell recently signed a deal for Google apps to be pre-installed on Dell PCs.
- Google and Nokia signed a deal to have Google Talk pre-installed on a new Nokia device.
- Skype-parent eBay formed an alliance with Yahoo!
What can we conclude?
- Deals are usually non-exclusive (except eBay/Yahoo! and AOL/Google).
- Microsoft is the company conspicuously missing in the above (but the Messenger interoperability with Yahoo! is due this month).
- As web apps are seeking to expand exposure, it must be the platform owners that benefit from upfront payments.