Google's Fiber trial plans are drawing to an end. Applications are due March 26.
Open access: Not a word in the US National Broadband Plan, but you can read Herman's piece on the Amsterdam case here.
Cities and towns:
- Michigan: Kalamazoo, Genesee County, Saline/Pittsfield, Ypsilanti, Canton.
- California: Fresno, Mountain View, Long Beach, Berkeley, San Mateo
- South Carolina: Spartanburg, Greenville County
- Virginia: Richmond, Charlottesville
- New York: Rochester/Monroe County, Tri-Lakes area (Harrietstown, Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, North Elba)
- Massachusetts: Worcester, Shrewsbury, Westborough
- Indiana: Anderson, Chesterton
- Other: Gainesville (Fla), Reno/Sparks/Washoe County (Nevada), Apple Valley (Minn), Pleasant Prairie (Wisc), Houston County (Georgia), Vancouver (Wash), West Des Moines (Iowa), Tulsa (Okl), Hickory/Newton/Lenoir (NC), Fort Collins (Col), Park City (Utah)