Of course there are differences:
- BT: handset by Motorola (chip: Broadcom). Late 2005 calling over WiFi must also be enabled.
- SCN (Software Cellular Network): software solution, developed for the Nokia 6630 (for all Series 60 handsets at a later date). A beta-version is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What both offer:
- Seamless handover to cellular networks when Bluetooth is out of range.
- A converged fixed/wireless solution for voice calling.
- Convergence of cellular and other wireless technologies.
- The use of VoIP, i.c. wVoIP.