Telecoms: too much really
- Rumours on a handful of PTTs.
- Auctions proceeding on PTTs of Colombia, Malta and Tunesia; on wireless operators; on spectrum of diverse nature.
- KPN is buying into a regional fiber network, and keeps acquiring ISPs. Where is it heading? Can it be stopped by the regulator, or could it buy its way back to monopoly status?
- DOCSIS 3.0 in Singapore.
- Muni networks: WiFi in Toronto etcc, WiMAX in Rhode Island. Also, many WiMAX deployments being rolled out.
- Some innovative VoIP solutions. Skype is loosing its edge.
- IPTV keeps rollin'.
Internet: mainly company news
- New services at Google and eBay.
Media: all about video
- Smart deals from Orb and Akimbo, teaming up with hardware guys. (Even if next-gen DVD hardware is being belayed.)
- Hollywood finally into downloads (not too late?).