- In smaller countries, they snap up the PTT (Bezeq, TDC, eircom, KPN).
- In the larger countries, it's a cable operator (NTL in the UK, Auna/ONO in Spain) or an altnet (Versatel + Tropolys + Arcor in Germany; FastWeb in Italy; neuf cegetel in France).
- Savings are huge, doing NGN/IP/IMS and CPE together. Apax will roll-out FTTH.
- Apax will bid for soccer rights.
- In the longer term, joining with Vodafone will provide the quadruple play.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Judging from recent deal news, Apax Partners are moving toward a clear goal: becoming a pan-European operator.
at 12:53 pm