No word on Skype for Mobile.
What is there on Skype (consolidated from 05Q4):
- 135.9m registered subs in >200 countries, + 23m = +20% qoq.
- Revenues $50.0m, +13% qoq. Of this, 84% is from non-US v. 86% in the previous quarter.
- The 2006 revenue target has been lowered to $195m (originally $200m).
- Break-even is expected during 2007, "... while making significant investments to continue to build out the ecosystem and expand the product offering. (...) We're looking at a variety of incremental revenue streams ..."
- Sky-to-Skype minutes: 6.6 bn or -8% qoq ("summer seasonal impact") and +77% yoy.
- SkypeOut minutes: 1.1 bn, +32% qoq and +235% yoy. Partly on the back of free promos in the US, Canada and France.
- The ecosystem comprises 3500 developers and 400 partners, including NetGear, Belkin and Sony (the cool new Mylo) for hotspot calling.
- Skype for Pocket PC was downloaded 5m times.
- Trials are ongoing of Skype Me buttons on eBay en Kijiji sites. "We see great promise. (...) we see indications of a higher conversion rate when there are Skype buttons that are used."
- Skype fuels PayPal adoption.
- Skype is part of the US deal with Yahoo! and the non-US deal with Google for click-to-call. Trials to start early 2007.
- The 2007 guidance will be updated in January, depending on the results of several inititatives, including "Skype momentum to the fourth quarter."
UPDATE: lowering the revenue target will likely reduce the $1.5 bn earn-out (based on 2008 targets)