The Moviebeam project (a proprietary STB for VoD, filled with 100 movies that were beamed along the ABC-network station transmissions) was cancelled and Disney doesn't own a cable (like Time Warner) or satellite (like News Corp) company.
- The new Mobile ESPN MVNO will launch before the Holidays. Next year another MVNO, Disney Mobile, will follow. Both will use the Sprint Nextel network.
- Earlier this month Hong Kong Disneyland opened. Discussions are ongoing over parks in mainland China and in South Korea.
- Even though Moviebeam was abandoned, Disney started working with Swiss Kudelski on a new STB (for outside North America and Japan).
- Disney licensed several channels to Verizon, for use in the new FiOS TV-over-fiber product.
- Disney is interested in WiMAX.
- This week Disney launched the 'Mix Stick' MP3-player, although the company doesn't own a full-blown record company.