Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FTTH: in search of a metaphor

My holiday starts tomorrow, so there will be no posting until mid August.

I do however want to keep you busy in the meantime.

A valued reader the other day kept us Fibre Ringers busy with this quote:
The necessity question seems to be cleared, the new Scylla is "the profit in waiting just a tiny bit longer", the new Charybdis: "how massive will the losses be because of waiting too long".
This set Benoit off to write a lengthy piece.

Frankly, it got me going in a very different direction. I started to think of it as a competition of sorts: Try to come up with the best, the worst, the most obscure, the most far-fetched or otherwise interesting metaphor for the whole FTTH conundrum.

So, my submission is this: A movie, possibly 'My Cousin Vinny', or, since my memory is showing a hole, the courthouse drama in which an innocent man is accused (and fiercely cross-examined) of some very gruesome crime.

And now I leave it up to you to figure out how this is a metaphor for FTTH. Or rather: the FTTH business model. Or to be more precise: defending the FTTH business model.

Mail me (see right-hand column):
tim dot poulus at gmail dot com

No comments: